8 Stress-Busting Tips!
Stress can affect how you think, feel, behave and how your body works. Although there is little you can do to prevent stress, there's many things you can do to manage stress more effectively, below we have listed some of our favourite stress-busting tips...
- Get moving - Physical activity can help stimulate the release of endorphins, your body’s natural ‘feel good’ chemical. It can also help to get you in the right state of mind to be able to identify the source of your stress and deal with your problems more calmly.
- Fresh Air - Don’t underestimate the power of fresh air; walking in natural environments soothes the mind and body!
- Keep A Journal - Writing things down and seeing it in black and white can help you to put everything in perspective and may begin to reveal the source of your stress.
- Yoga Classes - Yoga incorporates mental and physical exercises that help relieve tension, improve concentration and bring balance, strength and calmness.
- Regular Massages - Research has shown that having regular massages can relax your muscles, lower your heart rate and blood pressure and increase the production of endorphins, which in turn reduces your stress levels.
- Smell & Scents - Lavender can help calm your mind and body almost instantly and is proven to help treat insomnia. We also love the smell of Cinnamon which sharpens your mind, Vanilla which can elevate your mood and Peppermint which has been proven to boost your concentration.
- A Problem Shared Is A Problem Halved – If you are feeling stressed take a break and call a friend to talk about your problems. A reassuring voice can help put everything into perspective and give you a sense of belonging and purpose.
- Have A Good Giggle – Laughter is the best medicine; it can help to lower tension and stress, boosts your immune system, trigger the release of endorphins and increase blood flow which helps to protect your heart.