The Powers of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is fast becoming a kitchen cupboard, bathroom shelf and dressing table staple!
We think Vita Coco's tag line for their Coconut Oil just sums it up how versatile this product can be - "EAT IT. WEAR IT. SWEAR BY IT."
Here's 10 of the many powers of Coconut Oil:
- Strengthens Bones and Teeth – Coconut oil improves the absorption of calcium and magnesium – which are vital for healthy teeth and bones!
- Boosts Your Immunity – Coconut oil contains lauric acid which has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Speeds Up The Healing Process – When coconut oil is applied to infected areas, it forms a chemical layer that protects that area from dust, fungi, bacteria and viruses!
- Stress Relief – Coconut oil is very soothing, applying coconut oil to the head, followed by a gentle massage, helps eliminate mental fatigue.
- Reduces Cholesterol – Coconut oil has been shown to reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise the good (HDL).
- Aids Digestion – It's easy to digest and contains compounds that help destroy bad bacteria and promotes the growth of healthy probiotics in the digestive tract.
- Reduces Ageing Sun Spots – Using coconut oil daily helps to reduce the visibility of aging sun spots!
- Minimizes Heartburn – 1 -2 teaspoons of coconut oil can help coat your stomach and ease the painful feeling of heartburn.
- Soothes Eczema – Rubbing coconut oil into your skin will soothe the itchiness and provide instant relief!
- Arometherapy – Coconut oil is perfect for aromatherapy, it has a beautifull smell to help soothe and relax.
The list doesn’t end there – coconut oil has so many more health and beauty benefits including many cosmetic purposes such as hair nourishment, the treatment of wrinkles and fighting the skin ageing process.