The style of treatment uses is a combination of Shiatsu, Holistic Massage, Stretching, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, and Energy. Yuor
practitioner also offers practical suggestions to support the work of your massage session, such as simple stretching and strengthening exercises, breathing and visualisation techniques for you to use at home, as well as diet and herbal advice.
Your first session will involve going through your medical history and (if you would like) your diet, as well as a postural evaluation.
From this information, combined with your needs and desires on that day, we decide what will be the best treatment for you.
It is recommended that you book a 90 minute
appointment for your first session,
so that the above can be covered, as well as having time to receive a full 60 minute
This also leaves ample time for teaching any techniques/exercises that you can practice at home. This holistic approach can help with many symptoms of pregnancy including:
- Morning sickness and nausea
- Digestive problems such as; heartburn, indigestion, bloating and constipation.
- Muscular tension and spasm due to postural changes, e.g. lower back pain or buttock pain
- Nervous system problems, e.g. headaches, anxiety, depression, tension, insomnia, stress or migraine
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Symphysis pubis dysfunction (pelvic pain) also known as Pelvic Girdle Instability
- Swollen ankles and feet
- Discomfort in the rib area
- Breech or posterior position of your baby
- Reducing the chance of stretch marks through the use of nourishing oils and butters that Fi makes by hand
- Resolving any weak spots, such as old injuries
- Providing emotional support and relaxation
- Assisting you in keeping your body in top condition throughout your pregnancy, and in preparation for your birth.
- Support for labour including specific exercises, and other techniques to use at home in preparation for labour and to encourage optimal positioning of your baby for birth
- Post-natal support including massage, and simple exercises and techniques to nurture body after labour
£65 - 1 hr massage
£85 - 90 minute
massage (recommended for first